1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 10038: Socket operation on non-socket

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dravid2, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dravid2

dravid2 Thread Starter

When I installed the software for a new Linksys 802.11 Wireless Lan PCMCIA card for my laptop, I keep getting "10038: Socket operation on non-socket". Linksys said it was a microsoft issue and to contact them. I am running WINDOWS 98SE. After searching through the microsoft knowledge base I was unable to resolve this problem. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?
    Thanx

Dravid :confused:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. When do you receive the error message? When checking email? If so, what web browser and email program are you using?

3. dravid2

dravid2 Thread Starter

I installed a Linksys Wireless PCMCIA Card and I can't connect at all.....I just keep getting that error when I try

4. ~Candy~

5. ~Candy~

Did you ever figure out this problem? I have another user emailing me regarding the same issue and the link I posted above no longer works.

6. nerys

nerys

I have found how to fix this error ! I got it when widcomm bt drivers hosed somethiing on my 98se tablet computer killiung my linksys pcmcia card (linksys was as equally useless to me as well) so was dlink the ones whose drivers caused this

I found a tool called winsockxpfix that worked and fixed the problem ! if you can not find it I have it online as well "nerys-com/stuff"

do the backup do the fix let it reboot it game a small error but on reboot my wlan utilty was able to start without the damned 10038 socket error and my network works again !! Horay !! reinstalling windows on a tablet is a royal pain so I searched really hard for a fix :) I was not sure if it would work since its an XP fixer but it worked just fine !!!

Good Luck
    Widcomm sucks !!

this silly forum software wont let me post url's (yeah thats gonna stop spammers for sure) so replace the "-"'s with "."'s

Chris Taylor
    multipodaction-com

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice