1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: 1061

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scallc, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scallc

scallc Thread Starter

Hi All,

I'm attempting to install a print driver on a Windows XP machine. When I start to install the driver, the installer gets about half way through and I get a pop up that says,

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP."

I then click on "Continue Anyway" and get another pop up that says, "Error:1061" and the only option is to click OK. After clicking OK the software installation screen just hangs there.

I have downloaded the driver on another machine running the same service pack and have no problem installing it there, so I know it's not a problem with the driver itself. I'm assuming it must be related to the Error:1061 notification. Can anyone provide me with some information on what that error actually is. I've scoured the internet and can't find anything relating to this problem.

Here is some information about the set up I am working with:

Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack: 3

Printer: Dell MFP 1125

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this!! :)

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Hello and welcome to TSG.

Go to the Lexmark website and download the driver for their X1125 printer. That may succeed where the Dell driver fails.

3. scallc

scallc Thread Starter

Saga Lout, I gave it a try. The driver installed without issue but does not seem compatible with the Dell printer as nothing prints. I'm thinking it still might have somthing to do with "Error:1061".

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

The Lexmark X1100 series drivers always worked for me on those Dell badged printers but I seem to recall it's a bit squiffy about not being plugged in until prompted. If might be worth uninstalling the whole bang shoot and starting again, leaving the USB cable out until prompted.

What actually happens when you try to print? Is there any communication at all? How about the annoying little voice that says "printing started"? There's a setting somewhere to enable bi-directional support without which they won't work if I remember rightly an dthat has to be ticked.

5. scallc

scallc Thread Starter

I went ahead and deleted the driver and re-installed according to your suggestion. Still no luck though. I did check the box off that said " enable bi-directional print support" as well. When I go to print a document I get the error message, " your document did not print" in the task bar.

I really appreciate your help on this!

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Some progress but still a mystery then. Are there any obvious reasons - lack of paper, cartridges not fitted properly, etc? These old Lexmarks are very precious about cloned cartridges. Can you print the test page from within the printer's Properties pages? Is it now the only printer in the list or if not, is it set to be the Default?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice