Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
I saw your posted of this problem but I can't get COMPUTER BROWSER, DHCP, NETWORK CONNECTIONS, NETWORK LOCATION AWARENESS to STARTED STATUS.
Please i really need your help. I tried to right click on each one above then click dependencies and i'm stuck here not sure what to do next..... PLEASE HELP.

#2 ·
moved from windows vista forum to network forum

For those services not started/running,
then right click on the service
then from the menu choose properties and now check the dependencies.

for each dependency entry - Check each of one of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running/starting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a separate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.