Error 1324 when uninstalling Adobe Acrobat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

intoxicated

Hi when i try to uninstall the trial version of Adobe Acrobat 8 off my computer i get this Error msg that interupts and stops the uninstallation process.

Error 1324.The path D?inir la protection sur aucune modification.sequ or the volume is invalid. Please enter it again.

I have no idea what this means. I don't even have a D drive (im assuming the D means that) and its not in english either.

This has become a problem now that the trial is over and i cannot open PDF files off the internet without a "trial is over" msg.

Im running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.

thanks for the help. I've sort of have found a temporary solution to this problem but i would like to be able to remove this software from my computer

On the Adobe website, somewhere, is an 8 page list of steps to manually uninstall, clean, cleanse, purify your computer of Acrobat. As I remember it there is one error in the instructions and it is in the name of a folder. It is listed as plural i.e. "services" when the actual folder is "service." As I remember it the command is in bold type. If you get it right Windows will display the deleted files, about 5 of them, one after the other. If you get it wrong "plural" the screen refreshes.

Just for laughs check control panel, add/remove, for some garbage files. If they are there they probably are your problem. If so, download Windows Install Clean Up from M$. It in one click may solve your problem without going thru the 8 page checklist.

Just remembered, the instructions tell you to delete certain files. Windows says no can do. The files are loaded in memory so reboot to Windows safe mode, then delete them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online