1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 1450 for iTunes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Liz_Ferguson, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Ferguson

Liz_Ferguson Thread Starter

I am reposting a thread that had formerly expired because I am having the exact same problem:

I came home from school today, and I was just doing random stuff on Internet explorer, then I decieded I wanted to listen to some songs in itunes. I tried opening once, waited and waited, and nothing happened. Then, I tried again and it still didn't appear. I tried clicking a 3rd time then finally it appeared it said something from what I can remember at least "Itunes library file could not be saved unknown error (-1450)" or something very similiar (I can't completely remember). It mentioned that it had been damaged and could not be saved. This time no songs had been deleted, it just said at the top "processing gapless playback" and started updating more than 3/4 of my songs. It finally stopped and everything seemed alright. The same message then started popping up and and I kept clicking okay several times and it kept popping up until it finally stopped. I then rebooted my computer and I opened up itunes again and more than half of my songs were gone and I got the same message. I finally tried fixing it for a couple more hours with no luck, then with no more hope, I rebooted one more time. That's when I found out every single song I had had been deleted along with all my music videos. I should also mention, it recovered many previous files I deleted over the last couple years and put them back into my library the first time i opened itunes today. Yesterday, I set up an itunes account and purchased a music video for $1.99 from the store and that was erased as well. I just don't want to start up my computer after putting more files in itunes, and find out the whole library has been corrupted again. It's been horribly frustrating and I really need some help. I appreciate your patience and any suggestions will gladly be welcome. Ask me if you need anymore info. Thanks.

As an added note, I called Apple support for this. They told me it was a windows error and that I needed to download a registry fix. However, whenever I told my father-in-law who works for HP, he told me registry cleaners can cause even more problems. Please help, this is so frustrating! I noticed I am also having issues in Firefox now. Whenever I bookmark a page, it will save it while I am in that window. However, when I close the window and go back in, it is no longer there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!