Error 1606

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wcopel

Please help I'm getting the error code 1606 when I try to add certain programs I went to goggle for help and the solutions was to fix Register. Is there a easier way I'm not sure about working with the registry. Does any of the Reg. Editor programs work? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Willie

Probably can't get away from doing it in the Registry.
Here is what I found so you have it.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\INSTALLER\Products\. One of the folders is the registry for the installer of the application you are having a problem with. You can find it by doing a search for the application's name within the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\INSTALLER\Products\. Then simply delete the subfolder, reboot your system, and reinstall the app.

wcopel

Thanks, Could you sort of walk me through the steps or tell me where to find step by step instructions. Thanks

You would click on start button and then the Run and type in regedit and hit enter.
This would bring up the Registry. Find the keys that are stated the Classes_Root
Then find the Installer, then the Products. Find the folder in here that you are having issues installing. Once you find that program in here that you are having issues installing delete that folder and then reboot the computer and then try installing it again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online