Error 1706 DigitImg.msi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kapperhead

I am having trouble with the sound on my computer. I restored to a previous date and now I have no sound and I am getting a error message that the DigitImg.msi needs to be installed from a disk. I do not know what this is or where to get it. :confused: The error reads: Error 1706 No valid source could be found. Windows installer connot continue. What do I need to do to fix this and what do I need to fix the sound problem? I have done the troubleshooting for the sound and nothing seems to work. HELP!!!!!! :eek:

Hi Kapperhead:

Did you ever get an answer on this - I'm having the same type of problem with an HP scanner.

I would presume it would be on whatever install media you are using. That is a Windows installer extension and the file itself is the install file for something.

One thing you might try here is running the Windows Installer Cleanup utility.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...Utilities/WindowsInstallerCleanUpUtility.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

You need to be cautious and selective in using this utility. Use it to clean ONLY entries (HP I presume) which might logically be related to the problem

Set a System Restore point (start > Run: msconfig > launch System Restore) BEFORE using it, so that you can correct any serious problems that might result from an error on your part.

Hi! I am completely frustrated - have the same problem with my HP Officejet scanner/printer/fax - HP support tell me it is on the CD - I have followed their instructions at every step and have ended up installing 5 times! Still no luck - any further solutions - will try the clean up thingy you mention. Thanks!:confused:

You only need to get the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from MS support web site. Run it and only select the DigitImg.msi program to clean up. Once you do this your problems go away.

You are a star!!!! After multiple calls to HP and reloads of the software - thank you !!!! Finally I have scanability! ;-)

Your welcome, it wasted about 4 hours of my time before I was able to piece the solution together from this site and others.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online