Error 1721

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pantherguy

We moved an application to a new server and I'm trying to uninstall the current version off of the 64bit Windows 7 PC and install it off of the new server. When I tried uninstalling it, I got the 1721 error about the Windows Installer Package. I followed one of Microsoft's Fix-It links and it was able to "fix" the problem and get it uninstalled. However, now I'm trying to install it off of the new server and I get a 1721 error. I've followed some of the suggestions on other forums as well as Microsoft's site but nothing's worked. Could it be something in the registry?

Thanks.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Perhaps something is interfering with the Windows Installer service?

Try it in Safe Mode with Networking. The Windows Installer service will probably not start in that mode. You'll need to download SafeMSI and run it in Safe Mode (with Networking). Why with Networking? Because many programs, if not most, need to access the Internet to complete the process. Try installing or uninstalling again.

pantherguy

Thanks, that allowed me to install the program. I greatly appreciate the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online