1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 1802

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by patricia3, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patricia3

patricia3 Thread Starter

I have an rebuilt IBM Thinkpad T-30 that I purchased from a good computer store. It was preloaded with Windows XP but I did not receive a recovery CD. I had my magicJack plugged in when someone called starting an un-ending ring that I couldn't stop or accept. I ended up shutting off my computer but when I started it back up it displayed "xxxnetwork not found". I restarted and entered default configuration. Now it says when re-started: "ERROR 1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card". I have removed the wireless mouse and the magicJack but it still won't start without giving that message. I don't even know where the miniPCI card is!

I have been out of work and starting school next week. I am using someone else's computer to ask for help. THE STORE WHERE I PURCHASED THIS COMPUTER HAS SINCE CLOSED. Can anyone help? On the back of the laptop it says "Type 2367". I know this is older but it is all I have to work with right now.

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

3. patricia3

patricia3 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your quick response. I followed the link both to the first and sub: Command Tab and printed instructions. I must be doing something wrong because I downloaded the CD ISO and the floppy image but nothing happens. I tried both. I unzipped them with 7-Zip. Burned it to a DVD with IMGBurn. Should I use a CD? Does it matter? Please give me simple step-by-step instructions. I'm desperate!

4. patricia3

patricia3 Thread Starter

By the way, I am using a computer that has Windows Vista on it but my laptop is Windows XP Prof

5. Bernardo

Bernardo

I'm sorry, I tried to go back right after my post and tell you to ONLY do this:

It may be possible to use the computer with the unauthorized card deactivated (but not removed). Press F1 to enter the BIOS and deactivate the WLAN card, then attempt to boot with the card disabled. This does not make the wireless card work, but it may allow you to boot the computer normally.

BUT, this website (TECHGUY) went offline for some computer upgrades or something, and I could not get back to post, and have been away until now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/924650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice