Error 1926/ security permissions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dirtrazor

hey all,

Bit of a prob here. i did have 2000 pro but, i recently upgraded to XP pro.
now every time I try to remove or add any software I get this 1926.... here is the message from my last error:

"Error 1926. Could not set file security for file 'C:\Config.Msi\'. Error: 5. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file."

Am I running parellel OS's? Unfortunatly I have taken my PC for granted and I am extreamly reliant on it for school. Don't know what id do without your help, Thank you! James Sterling

Persmissions? How are you logged on?
Also config.msi should be a hidden directory - does it exist on your system? If not, try creating it and then setting the permissions appropriately.

dirtrazor

I don't think I know how to "Give the local Administrators group or the Everyone group FULL access to the root of C:\." Thanks for your time JS

dirtrazor

I don't know if config.msi exists or not. I suppose im not so good at this stuff. How do I find it, or look for it. I could never find many Easter eggs, hehe. Any info you can give would greatly be appriciated, Thank you very much for your time. JS

dirtrazor

I am logged on as the administrator, that's why it's confusing, because it's my pc and I've always had full control........ Thanks JS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online