1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 210 options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rhino31, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rhino31

rhino31 Thread Starter

I think my wife's Vaio is finally taking a crap. I realize the stuck key error denotes precisely that, but the key number keeps changing when I hit f8 on the boot, and no the unit will not fully boot up. I am getting ready to buy my wife a new notebook, but the problem is she was trying to log on to back up her quickbooks when the stuck key error hit. all I need to do is get the thing to boot up, so my wife can back up her program, and then the hard drive is going to be wiped. I was thinking I might be able to disable the keyboard on the bios, and then hook up an external board/usb board, but there is not option in the bios to disable the keyboard. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. rhino31

rhino31 Thread Starter

3. rhino31

rhino31 Thread Starter

4. The Hound

The Hound

Try just plugging in an external keyboard--ps/2 would probably be recognized most quickly..and see if you can boot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!