1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error 2147221248

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mynisi, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynisi

mynisi Thread Starter

im having a problem with my soun now the media player plays but when i go on aol and try yo play the radio it says error 2147221248 and to click ok to try agian i do and the same thing happens ....let me just say this all happened because my mother tryed to get on line( when i wasnt home )to play bingo and she has no idea how to work a pc.....some one help me....ohh and it isnt just the radio all web sites now have no sound but like i said the media player works off line so she didnt pull out any wires ..

thanks for your time michelle

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Welcome to TSG michele. It's a strange error to get only when online. Runtime errors like that are usually due to corrupt files or programs not built right in the first place, but this does not seem likely in your case. If you browse through IE rather than AOL, do you still get the error?

If you tell us what Windows version you have and how long ago the problem occured, we may be able to fix it by doing a registry restore or if WinME a "system restore".

In Windows 98 you can restore a previous registry this way:

Select start>shutdown> Restart in MS-DOS mode. At the c:\windows> prompt enter:

scanreg /restore

You will see choices for four days previous registries. (there is a fifth, but you cannot use it). Choose a started one that is dated either the day the problem began or just before.

In WinME, to run scanreg /restore, go to start>run and enter that command. You will need to reboot to complete that operation.

This will reverse any changes caused by program installs or configuration changes. It should not be used if programs were uninstalled in this period. Anything newly installed will have to be done over.

WinME also has the option to do a "System Restore". The choices here will extend back further.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice