Error 2203 on installer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soi558

Hello,
I keep getting an the following error mesage when trying to install a variety of different applications. Ironically I've found a few utilities which say they can fix the problem but the also refuse to install because of the same error.

The error message in full is:

Internal Error 2203. C:\WINDOWS\Installer\2f1d62.ipi,-2147287035

I believe it was to do with a strange corrupted attempt at uninstalling something a few months back. Common suggestions for solving this probelm are insuring that I have administrator rights, which I do, yet the problem still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

soi558

winterfrost said:
Have you tried re-installing the Windows Installer?

See this article: http://www.techbytes.ca/techbyte14.html
I found the following:

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=24089

This appears to be the solution to the problem, but there is no 'security' tab on the installer folder on XP professional. If anyone knows a way to do this I'll try that, if not I'll reinstall the windows installer (I'd rather not do that if i can help it at the moment).

This also might be to do with the way my temp folder is setup, I believe a colleague changed it when he was trying to make cygwin work on this machine, I suspect thats the probelm. Does anyone know what the temp file for windows xp is supposed to be setup to/where its supposed to be?

Mike

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts