1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 43 Nvidia GTX 650 + GT 640

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IssaPlant, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IssaPlant

IssaPlant Thread Starter

Hello, I have 2 Graphics cards and both of them are giving the same issue, I believe it is an issue with the cards themselves as I have tested them in different PC's and they give the same issue regardless of how the PC is set up, I've done quite a few re-installs of windows from Windows 7 up to the latest windows 10, I've tried older Nvidia drivers plus ones that Microsoft hands out, I've reset my bios, reflashed my bios and I'm now at the point of reflashing the cards themselves as if all else fails then why not, As a side note the cards are stored away in their boxes and my PC is currently using a GTX 760 and I have a GTX 950 for when this one fails. I'm really just looking for suggestions on how to fix them or some ideas on what might be wrong with both of them.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Where exactly did you see this Error 43, in a particular game ? At Windows boot up ?

3. IssaPlant

IssaPlant Thread Starter

It displays the code exactly like it does in the image I have attached. Also because it refuses to use the hardware because of this error, Gaming is impossible and the resolution over HDMI from the card is stuck at 800x600, The card powers on and displays what it needs to like the windows desktop and stuff like that so the PC isn't rendered useless.

Attached Files:

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display adapter and Right click Update the driver. See if the problem goes away. If it still persists, go to Nvidia and download the latest driver and see what happens then. The one supplied by MS is usually older.

5. IssaPlant

IssaPlant Thread Starter

I have tried that and it either installs the Microsoft one if i haven't installed Nvidia drivers before hand or says the driver is up to date, Regarding the Nvidia drivers I have tried new and old Drivers, Problem still persists and it doesn't change on fresh installs either. The problem is always there regardless of what Windows i use or what drivers i use and even what PC i use.

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

The picture you posted with the error is for a GT650M GPU, that is either onboard video or used for onboard video on a laptop, You are not showing the add on GPU card. Windows may be detecting it wrong, I had a similar problem with a HD6350 showing up as a HD 5450. Are you sure you have the drivers for the GTX650? May have to select them manually.

7. IssaPlant

IssaPlant Thread Starter

The reason I posted a screen shot of a different GPU is because that GPU isn't mine but experiences the same issue as mine , I did it like that because taking apart my PC only to have it show the same error is a bit pointless, I'm sorry I should have pointed it out to begin with, The issue however remains the same and different versions of windows isn't solving it, neither are different drivers or completely different PC's, I'm trying to find out why both cards would fail with the exact same error as the one in the screenshot despite even being moved to different systems with the same result.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice