Error 4319 in event viewer (samba server involved)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PB1856

We recently upgraded our domain to Windows 2000, which now runs 2 Win2k DCs and a Samba server located on a Sun box. Al clients are Win2k or NT and we have a few Linux/Sun file servers. All users home directories are located on our Samba server.

I am recieving the following error on one of my DC's (the PDC emulator). Any suggestions??

Event ID 4319

Source NetBT

Computer: one of my DC's (PDC Emulator)

Description:

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.

The machine that is referenced according to line 0028: in the Data box is my Samba server.

Results of nbtstat -n

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name Type Status

---------------------------------------------

NEWJERSEY <00> UNIQUE Registered

NEWJERSEY <20> UNIQUE Registered

HUNTERGEO <00> GROUP Registered

HUNTERGEO <1C> GROUP Registered

HUNTERGEO <1E> GROUP Registered

NEWJERSEY <03> UNIQUE Registered

NEWJERSEY$ <03> UNIQUE Registered

INet~Services <1C> GROUP Registered

IS~NEWJERSEY...<00> UNIQUE Registered

PB1856

Unfortunately, all the options listed on eventid do not pertain to my situation and did not work, ugh!! Any other help is greatly appreciated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online