error 451

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imelda

hello all
i am new here so please bear with me
up until today my outlook express has been working just fine, then i get this.

The message could not be sent because one of the receipients was rejected by the server.
Protocol SMTP Server response '451.http//www.spamhaus.org/query161?ip=212.2.181.3 Port 25, secure(SSL):No, server Error 451,Error n.0x800CCC79

can anyone sort me out
thanks
imelda:eek:

Usually that error is from a wrong setting in your email program. Verify that all your settings in Outlook Express are correct.

Are you using an email address given to you by your Internet provider? If you are, then you can probably call them to have them double check over the phone with you to make sure you have the correct settings (specifically the correct outgoing mail server).

Also, if you're using your using an email address from your ISP, are you trying to send out mail while you're at a different location? Example, you have Comcast internet at home and a Comcast email address, but then you go to work or someone else's house who doesn't have Comcast, and suddenly the error pops up.

If that's the case, then you have to change your outgoing mail server to whatever the other Internet provider is.

Back to the example with that, if you went over to your friend's house and instead of having Comcast, they have SBC, you would have to switch your outgoing mail server to use SBC's outgoing mail server instead of Comcast's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online