1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 5 Access is denied

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sarah0439, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah0439

sarah0439 Thread Starter

I am still having problems with my Windows Installer!! I clicked on start then control panel>then clicked on Administrative tools>then component services>
    then i clicked on Services(Local) then i scrolled down the list to Windows Installer, where it says status, it is blank. It doesn't say stopped or started so i clicked on start the service and i got an error 5 message; Could not start the Windows Installer,access is denied. I seem to be getting the same error message for some of the other services too. Here is a list of all the services that stopped, maybe someone out there can look at these and maybe help me out here: Application Management, Indexing Service, COM +System Application, Logical Disk Manager Ad..., Logical Disk Manager, Dns Client, Human Interface Device, Http SSL, Distributed Transaction..., Net Logon, NT
    LM Security Support, Remote Desk top Help SE..., Remote Procedure Call(...yes), QoS RSVP, Smartcard, Windows Image Acquisition, MS Software Shadow Co..., Performance Logs and AL..., Uninteruptable Power Supply, Volume Shadow Copy, Portable Media Serial Nu...., WMI Performance Adapter,
    Network Provisioning Ser.... If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Sarah

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Try rebooting in Safe Mode and go in as the Administrator account. If you can get to start the Windows Installer service in there it will be a case of trawling through the Help & Support menu under a search heading of "Permissions" to get your own username account granted all the powers you may ever need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/308122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice