1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: 550 550 Blocked (state 13)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DRGW, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DRGW

DRGW Thread Starter

Hi

I hope somebody may be able to assist.

I have been trying to send an email to email addresses which I have used before with no problems.

Each email I send bounces back with the following error message:

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Blocked (state 13).

I know the email addresses are working as somebody else has sent an email ok.

Has anybody come across this error before?

2. gurutech

gurutech

Make sure you aren't on a blocklist. You can get on one if your computer became infected with a spambot virus, and has sent out thousands of emails per hour.

Check this site: http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ to see if you are on a list, and you can remove yourself if you believe your system is clean. If you end up back on the list, then you will need to scan your computer for malware/viruses before removing yourself again.

3. DRGW

DRGW Thread Starter

Thanks.

I've had to find how to get my IP address. On putting it into the website it shows I am on a policy block list!

I have gone into another menu but haven't got a clue what I should be doing now.

I am concerned though as I update and run my antivirus regularly (AVG Internet Suit) and use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and haven't been informed of any infections.

What do I do now?

Thanks

4. gurutech

gurutech

There should be a link to click once you see you are on the list. Just click that and follow the prompts to remove yourself.

5. DRGW

DRGW Thread Starter

I clicked on the link. It says it can take up to 30 minutes before the block is lifted.

I tried this morning to send an email (about 12 hours later) and receive the same error message!

I did telephone the company back last week who I am trying to email. They are in the USA. They have said that they are getting emails through though. Not sure why mine aren't getting through.

Any ideas as this is quite frustrating now.

Dave

6. gurutech

gurutech

This may help: http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=25028&page=1

Check the email to see who is blocking it. There are several "blocklists" on the internet. Spamhaus happens to be the most common, but as you can see with the link above, there may be others that are blocking your email. If the company you are sending emails to uses a different one (or uses a company that uses another one), then that's the list you have to remove yourself from.

Edit: Another link to check out: http://www.bluehostforum.com/showth...URE-SMTP-Error-(state-13)-550-relays-ordb-org (This would have to be done on the recipient's side, this is a server configuration issue on their end.)

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Error 550 is usually for Spam issues. Is this error for 1 specific email address? Also are you using your own domain or @gmail.com?

8. DRGW

DRGW Thread Starter

Hi

I've tried several email addresses to the company which I know well. All email addresses give the same error.

I have Sky email which I use through Microsoft Outlook 2010. I have tried going only through a browser for the Sky email program but get the same result.

I have set-up a Gmail account which works fine and the company have acknowledged my email.

They don't even know why my main (primary) email account gets blocked.

It is very frustrating though.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well it does sound like the receiving email is using a black list filter. I would suggest asking their IT administrator or E-Mail provider to look into it. Also if you follow the links that was given to you, there should some list of things to do to get your IP off the list.. Lastly since it happened from your webmail (I don't think it would use your IP address) then you would want to make a ticket with Sky. I think my cousin works for them.. I will see what he says

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice