1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 56: The Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service has not been started.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shewolf2150, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shewolf2150

shewolf2150 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have an issue where I am trying to start my VPN and continually get the following message:

Error 56: The Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service has not been started. Please start this service and try again.

So I have been into Services to 'start' Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Services - this then always comes up with this error:

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

The solution mentioned on other posts on disabling the ICS didn't help me as it was already disabled. When I try to start VPNGUI I also get error 56 and when I try to use services.msc to start the service I get error 1053. Then also when I try to start from task manager services(cvpnnd) i get access denied.

Please any suggestions would be much appreciated as I really need this tomorrow!! :)

Thanks!!

PS. I recently installed jZip - I am assuming this is unrelated? But it stopped working afterwards so just want to check...

2. sbierma

sbierma

I have the same issue. Anyone know hwta to do to fix it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice