1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 633 the modem is already in use... after Win10 update

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by WernerCreates, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WernerCreates

WernerCreates Thread Starter

Good day to you!
    After a normal Windows 10 software update, my Huawei dongle is no longer connecting to the Internet.

The error message: Error 633 the modem is already in use or not configured properly.

I have taken the dongle to the mobile data provider to make sure the dongle's software is up to date. They don't want to work with my Windows 10 laptop, though, which brings me to you ...

Please help?

Regards, and thank you
    Werner

2. plodr

plodr Liz

Rollback the driver.
    If you don't have driver updates turned off and accept all Win 10 updates, you might get a bad driver.

3. WernerCreates

WernerCreates Thread Starter

Thank you for your suggestion. Roll back driver is not available for this Huawei dongle. Other suggestions?
    Regards
    Werner

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191709