1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 678 Connecting Outlook to verizon online

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by denbow, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denbow

denbow Thread Starter

I have had no problems for months, going to Outlook Express and connecting to verizon online with the DSL to retreve my mail (Using Outlook Express Mailbox) Now, for some reason, I get a window that pops up which first says it's dialing...with my name..then another window comes up saying error 678... "remote computer did not respond". I have the Home XP edition with the Verizon DSL box...and can get into my mail in a round about way...using their system... Also, I can access it from a site away using a different web address... but these take more time and are not as handy to me as being able to click Outlook Express direct to retreve mail. I'm a novice at this and have tried to troubleshoot on my own for days....may have messed some things up... Have checked all of my settings in Outlook and verizon....this is driving me nuts!! Help somebody?! :confused:

2. denbow

denbow Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/567315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice