Error #8x80080005, the service is not running.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SoaresLuzia

Luzia
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1790 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 455 GB (404 GB Free); D: 9 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA5
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled
I need ,help please!
I have tried to fix a lot of different ways and it's no use. I even did this fix with this Utube video that takes 4 methods, I did all four of them. Still, with the same problem.

Sometimes I have a problem when I am downloading any application, showing that same # that is above. Sometimes the download goes very nice and smooth. Sometimes not.

From the 4 methods, to be honest with you, the only one that I didn't do, it was the "Fixit", because I couldn't download it. The name of the technician program is: "How I Solve.com".

But, I "ve tried to do it. I don't usually ask for help. I usually do as much research that I possibly can, because I just can't afford it. Seems to me that is a totally different thing.

I start to think that is something very wrong. My computer is old, but I take good care of it. I have been doing some work online. I even have a website. I am just not making money yet. But, eventually, I will.

Thanks so much for trying to help. God bless you and your loved ones!

My thoughts on this problem.
2 gigs of RAM is not considered adequate in todays world. Some get by with 4 gb but 8 gb would be my minimum recommendation. This conjecture is based on your statement that this occurs during download which is a RAM eater.
The good news is I don't think something is 'very wrong'.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1790 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 455 GB (404 GB Free); D: 9 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA5
The AMD Sempron 140 is a very weak single core processor, so you can expect your computer to have the speed and performance of a turtle.

cpu.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------

You appear to have a HP/Compaq computer which originally came with Windows XP or Windows Vista 32-bit.

What's the model name and complete model number of yours?

What's the exact serial number and product number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

SoaresLuzia

Luzia
SLOW LIKE A TURTLE...
Hi. this is the information you have asked about my computer:
System Model : BQ71AA-ABA-CQ5500F
System Version : 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601
System Manufac: Compaq-Presario
System Type : X64-base0 pc
System Name : LUZIA SOARES
How can I do that? I mean, increase the GB. How about the processor. Can I upgrade it? I really can't afford to buy another computer right now, I do alterations, I am a Taylor, I fix clothes and just have broken my index finger and couldn't work for a month and a half. I am behind my bills right now. It's not a good time for this. Please, can you help me?
Thank you so much!
All the Blessings for you and your loved ones!
Luzia.

etaf

Wayne
i have moved your new post to your current thread
Please just reply to this thread - you will see the box at the bottom of the page, with "type your reply....."
type your reply in that box and then use the "post reply" button

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
System Model : BQ71AA-ABA-CQ5500F
System Manufac: Compaq-Presario
You have a Compaq Presario CQ5500F Desktop PC(BQ471AA).
It was introduced in April 2009 and sold in the U.S.A. and Canada and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Its motherboard can be upgraded to a faster AMD processor and another 2 GB of RAM can be added to it.
That's not cost effective though for an 8-year old desktop, and it's not something that a computer novice can do at home.
You would be better off spending $250 - $400 for a newer and faster refurbished desktop that comes with Windows 7 64-bit.

We have no idea how you tried to fix the issues in your desktop, so there's a good chance that its Windows operating system is damaged.
It's also possible that it's infected.

Do the following in the order that they're listed, then we'll proceed from there.

Go here to download and save Malwarebytes AdwCleaner to your desktop.
If you get a warning that this file is unsafe, ignore the warning.
Close all open windows first, then double-click the AdwCleaner.exe desktop icon to load its main window.
Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.
Several seconds may pass before the scanning process starts and completes, so be patient.
If any threats are found, the number found will appear in red.
Click the "Clean" button, then click "OK".
Allow the cleaning process to finish.
When it's finished, click "OK" in each window that appears.
The computer will restart.
When the log appears during restart, save it.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

Go here, then click the "Download Now @ Author's Site" button to download and save TFC.exe (Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer) to your desktop.
If you get a warning that this file is unsafe, ignore the warning.
After it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.
Double-click it to load its main window.
Click the "Start" button.
If there are a large number of temp files or if there are multiple user accounts, the temp file deletion process may appear to freeze and may take a few minutes, so don't interfere with or abort it.
After it's finished, restart the computer if prompted to.
Advise us how many temp files in MB's were found and deleted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online