1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: Access violation at 0x77F3F39E (tried to write 0x00130000), program terminated

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Christine84, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christine84

Christine84 Thread Starter

so this message comes up when i download demo games from bigfishgames.com.... how can i fix this??? Error: Access violation at 0x77F3F39E (tried to write 0x00130000), program terminated.

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    That could mean many things. More information needed. Can you post your system specs?
    Especially how much memory you have.

3. Christine84

what are system specs????

4. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
  5. Christine84

umm..it is a DELL c521..and how should i go about cleaning up my system?? we have telus security service for my virus protector...is that any good???? or what else should i be downloading?

6. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Just in case temporary files are bogging you down, do this: Go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools and click on Disk Cleanup. Let it clean all. Then, go to start, run, and type in %temp% and then enter. Go to edit in the upper left and click on it and then 'select all'. Then hit your delete key and delete as many as you can. (Some won't, but it's okay.) Then empty your recycle bin. I'll check on your model for the memory thing and I haven't heard of telus security so I'll take a look.

7. Christine84

its still telling me the same error... its when i want to start playing a game that i downloaded from the net.

8. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Could be a compatability problem...Is the demo made for your OS? Is the download reliable?

9. Christine84

How would i find out if it is compatible? I have downloaded from this site before and it worked fine. its just this one game.

10. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    If everything else works, then maybe this game is broke..Have you tried another one recently?

11. WannaBeTechie

WannaBeTechie

I have received this exact same error message after purchasing and trying to run a game from BigFish's website.

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 with WinXP Media Center, 1GB ram, 1.86 GHZ Dual Core Intel processor. DirectX is up to date and so is Java and Adobe Flash Player. I have had this issue with a couple of games. Some of them run the second or third time you try. Some times it depends if you play a different game first and then try to play the affected game.

I have searched Dell's Support pages, Microsofts support pages and done a search using Google. I am just about at my wits end. Is this an issue only with BigFish and something they do to there games. A couple of the games I can download the trial version from Yahoo games and it will work but it will not work from BigFish.

Help :( . I don't know what to do next.

Thanks for any suggestions.

12. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
  13. WannaBeTechie

WannaBeTechie

Thanks for the help.

14. Christine84

It is a game from bigfish so maybe thats why it wont work.. If your having the same problem. hmmm well i guess i can't play this game. Thanks anyway

15. WannaBeTechie

WannaBeTechie

Hey Christine84, I have been doing some checking and have found the solution to this issue. It appears there is an issue with some of BigFish's games and antivirus programs. Try disconnecting from the internet (please be sure you are disconnected as you do not want to get a virus) then turn of your antivirus program. The game should run then. I have found that if I leave Protector Plus or AVG Free running the game will still run. I had to turn of my Telus security antivirus to get my game to run.

I do not know what other antivirus programs can be run while the game is running. You may want to experiment with this.

Hope this fixes your problem and you can enjoy your game.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/652030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice