1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error accessing OLE registry

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ayotte218, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ayotte218

ayotte218 Thread Starter

(I posted this in another forum and got no response and after reading this forum, I think this is a better place for it)
    I have a legal install file for HotDog6 by Sausage Software (they are out of business now)that I have moved from computer to computer ever since I purchased it. I just got a Dell Inspiron Win7 and now when I install it...."When i open from the install, it changes to HotDog (not responding). When I open it from the icon, I get "application Error...Exception EOleSysError in module HotDog6.exe at 00089C29. Error accessing OLE registry." Any idea what I can do about this? I kinda hate to have to purchase another program.

Louise

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

It may not be compatible with Windows 7, try the suggestion below, if this does not work, then it is just not compatible.

Another tactic is to install XP mode in Windows 7, it is Free, be sure to follow the installation order. Once XP mode is installed and running XP, you can install that program in XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

3. ayotte218

ayotte218 Thread Starter

OK, that DID make the program run as it should EXCEPT FOR........it doesn't seem to be able to find the files. I ask it to open *.html for example and it thinks it has but the page is blank. Yet I can go to the file in my directory and it opens OK (but is not editable). I have not installed XP (it worked fine there), do you think that might help?

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

5. ayotte218

ayotte218 Thread Starter

Thank you Mumbodog for trying to walk me through this. I am NOT eligible to download XP with the Win7 that I have. But you did help me get the program to work; it just doesn't find the4 files. Any ideas on that?

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

7. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

All I can offer is for you to upload the program installer so I can download it, then I can try to install it on my W7 PC, see if I can figure out how to get it working, possibly.

8. ayotte218

ayotte218 Thread Starter

I have the entire thing in a file....how do I send it to you?

9. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

First you have to compress it into an archive, highlight all the files (or the folder) and right click on them and select "send to compressed folder"

Rename this compressed folder to something generic like my2files

Once this is done look at the size of this compress folder and post back here what size it is, then I can decide what the best way to get it to me is.

10. ayotte218

ayotte218 Thread Starter

Thanks Mumbodog for the help.....
    I compressed the file and it is 8.08mg. Will you need my "key"?

11. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I am going to send you a private message

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice