1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by consign, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consign

consign Thread Starter

Edit: I think my frustration came through on this. I've been trying to fix this issue for a few weeks by using old discussions that do not seem to be so relevant. I'm sure there is an easy fix to this but I am missing it and hoping someone here knows about the problem in relation to Windows 7. Thanks.

An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

When I restart or turn my Sony Vaio on it tells me I have this error. I have Windows 7 and I have read through many different discussions on this error and have not solved my issue. I can't find anything about JIT debugging on my computer. I have seen "go to tools, select options, click debugging and check this or that but I find no debugging options. I haven't seen any new discussions on this topic and it was suggested I start a new one.

I hope someone can help. This error is preventing my computer from updating on shut downs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice