Error applying transforms?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whiteninja89

I had had ati tv wonder pro and installed it a few weeks ago and it seemed to work fine. Just recently i decided to update the drivers for it(including the remote control drivers) When i ran the updates it gave me some error about being unable to delete a file and said that it couldn,t remove the old version of the drivers.
I tried to remove the them the old fashioned way by just deleting the files and it kept saying they were in use, even after rebooting. Using Moveonboot, i was able to delete the remote drivers.
Now when i try to install the updates it says "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
F:/Install/Remote/1033.MSTRu
It even says this when I try to install it from the CD itself.
Trying the add/remove programs option gives me the same error.
Any help on the matter would be appriciated, thanks.

dai

run
sfc /scannow
and see if you deleted any windows files
check the readme file in the update drivers and see if there are any special instructions to install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online