1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error at start up- DRiver 0 and 1 not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Im1heckuvafemale, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Im1heckuvafemale

Im1heckuvafemale Thread Starter

ok i have been having trouble with my CD-rw drive. it couldnt burn, read or play discs at all. so ok thats been messed up i couldnt find help for that. now tonight out of no where i go to my computer and my D:/ and E:/ drives do no show up just the floppy and the C:/ but i want to know how to fix it. i thought maybe if i restarted my computer then it will fix its self. but no when i restarted my computer i got a screen that said that driver 0 and driver 1 could not be found. so i dont know what to do. i am way out of my league with this one. someone please help!?!?!?!?!:mad::(

i have a

DVD- rom is a JLMS-DVD-Rom XJ-HD166
    CD-rw is an HL-DT-ST GCE-8483B

2. Hughv

Hughv

Check the IDE cable for a bad/loose connection. Do these drives open when you press the eject button?
    In Device Manager, rt-click and uninstall. Reboot to see if they reinstall.
    These drives are relatively cheap and easy to replace.

3. Im1heckuvafemale

Im1heckuvafemale Thread Starter

:(the cd-rw drive responses when i press eject. but not the dvd-rom. plus when i go to device manager neither one of the drives shows up at all. so uninstalling them is impossible.

4. Hughv

Hughv

You need to open the case and check the cables, then.
    You might get lucky if you disconnect the cable, reboot, shutdown, re-connect the cable and see if they're found.
    The DVD ROM may be toast.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice