1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: Cannot Find Website

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by FrustratedAmy, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrustratedAmy

FrustratedAmy Thread Starter

I have been having a lot of problems with my machine - some of which have been posted here. All problems seem to have been resolved. I maintain a website for an Audubon Society. During my problems, I was unable to update this website. I can now upload files. The problem is I get the error "Cannot Find Website" when I attempt to view it on line. Other people can look at it - and my updated pages are there. I have not had problems loading any other pages. I have cleared my cashe, set the browser to check for new pages on every visit to the site. I have tried IE and Netscape. There is nothing fancy on my page. No Java scripts, not even style sheets. I have no hosts file. No restricted sites and security is set for medium low. The server specializes in Audubon Societies and bird related sites. There should be no reason for AOL to restrict it. This has been going on for nearly a week.

In the past, I have noticed that I might not be able to view the updated page in AOL, but the site would load. Usually, I could then open IE in a separate window and see the updated page.

It is really irritating not to be able to check my updates on line.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Amy

2. FrustratedAmy

3. Dark Star

Dark Star

FrustratedAmy,

The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.tulsaaudubon.org. home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Explorer

................at least you now know it is the site and not your browswer.

DS

4. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Amy----I took a look too. It's the web host not your machine. The site is down. Sorry:(

5. FrustratedAmy

Interesting that I could upload to the server, but it can't be viewed? Thanks for checking.

Amy

6. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Amy----The IP address for FTP to the server is different then the IP address to view the homepage. Sounds like there may be a router problem. Or you may not have updated the site, it just may have looked that way at the time you uploaded.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice