1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Canon DC10 to dvd w/ Roxio MyDVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DSChapman, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSChapman

DSChapman Thread Starter

Hey there - new to the site and hoping to get some desperately needed help. I'm using a Dell Dimension 3000/Windows XP professional/Roxio MyDVD v. 6.1.4 with a Canon DC10 camcorder.

I dl Roxio MyDVD & it finally backed up a partially filled disc (unfinished) and was fine. ONCE. Then, trying again to "make a backup DVD" (from a full or partially full unfinished disc) I get errors "Canon DVD-RW is currently busy. You should cancel or wait for the current job to be finished."

If I try creating a new project and clicking "open disc" a progress screen immediately pops up and within 30 seconds I get "Canon DVD Cam is not ready. Please check the disc and DVD cam."

This is the only cam connected (correctly)/cam display reads "PC connect"/cam is plugged in to AC outlet. In a support forum at Roxio I was told to Update PX Engine I did - nothing changed, and they had no other suggestions. I crossflashed my Philips DVD to Benq. I got ONE burn and now back to the same error msgs. Seems I get one burn per DVD burner?

I simply want to put camcorder video (mini DVD-R) on my computer (via dvd-R disc), edit, and put on DVD but just getting the video on the computer is proving to be a nightmare! I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue. TIA for any/all suggestions, solutions, etc. ~Denise

2. littlemissvixen

littlemissvixen

That is the exact same camcorder, software, problem etc i have.
    Anyone got any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!