Status
Not open for further replies.

error code 0146

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
how can i fix an error code 0146 for my dell windows will not boot up

#10 ·
Files yes; software presents a problem.

I hope you have another working computer. You'd remove the hard drive from the computer that fails to boot and attach it by a USB adapter to another computer that has already booted up.
You open File Explorer, find the files on the hard drive that is attached by USB and copy them to either a) the desktop of the good computer, b) a large enough USB stick plugged into the good computer or c) an external portable hard drive also attached by USB.

example of the adapter with power you'd need
https://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G

By software, I assume you mean programs. If the program came with the computer and you don't have an install CD or DVD, you won't be able to install the program on another computer.

For those programs you purchased, if you downloaded the program, you probably have to provide some proof of purchase and can the download again. (The gems I purchase through Big Fish allows me to remove a broken game and the download and reinstall it).

If it is a free program that you downloaded, you'll have to search and see if you can find a site to download it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.