1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error code 0x80004005

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by putteswiss, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. putteswiss

putteswiss Thread Starter

O&O Defrag 11 Professional Edition When I finish analyzing both my drivers in O&O Defrag 11 Professional Edition i get this error message.

Failed to save incoming report data from O&O Defrag Agent (0x80004005)

Please check whether you have full access rights to the folder
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Local Settings\Application Data\O&O\O&O Defrag\reports" and it's subfolders.

The problem is, is that I can access that folder easily.

Help greatly appreciated!

2. valis

valis Moderator

welcome to TSG.

Why are you using a third party defrag tool? The built-in windows one is generally better, as the OS is what has to access the data anyhow. Third party defraggers generally use a different algorithm and, as such, will make the OS think the drive is fragged. When that happens, the OS puts more strain on the HD.

As for O&O, however, I have no clue. If you can access it, maybe the app can't. Maybe change the path to the one on in program files. Again, I gotta state that I do not use third party defraggers.

3. putteswiss

putteswiss Thread Starter

4. valis

valis Moderator

glad to help. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice