1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error code 0x80004005

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ibanez87, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibanez87

Ibanez87 Thread Starter

i need help!! i'm at wits end with error code 0x80004005

im working on a Dell Inspiron 1150 with windows XP Home. basically, the product key files got removed in the process of cleaning up the hard drive. i did the steps shown on the website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232
    when i got to the part where i had to type the expand commands, i kept getting an ACCESS DENIED message after each command. (for example: EXPAND licwmi.dl_C:\WINDOWS\System32, then id press ENTER, the message would read: ACCESS IS DENIED)

i went ahead through all the steps but i still cant log on to normal mode. i get to the logon screen, put the password, and it gives me an empty message box (it just has a red X). after i hit OK on it, it begins to start up but immediately logs me back out.

i can still get onto safe mode but thats about it. i run the registry cleaner on CCleaner. I get an ActiveX/COM Issue on regwiz.dll, licwmi.dll, licdll.dll, licwmi.dll, licwmi.dll and a Missing MUI Reference on LaunchPad.exe. the fix for these is to delete them, but i dont know if i should.

well this is my dilemma. i hope somebody can help me. i really need it. thanks.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    if u ran a registry cleaner that might be why u are having problems. we dont advise anyone to use them because they can cause a lot of problems as u have seen.i think u might have to reinstall the operating system again and hope that all goes well.hope this helps u.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!