Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error code 0x8007000d on Windows Update on Windows 10 PC

3K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I have been trying to update my PC to the newest version on Windows Update, but lately I have been getting this message that says "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)".

Here is the information below of the computer that I use.

Many thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19044, Installed 20211013002926.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 476 GB (268 GB Free); D: 931 GB (481 GB Free); G: 3725 GB (981 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. V241FA, ver 1.0, s/n L728PTCJ0009SRMB
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n L7PTCJ00C557290
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#5 ·
If you're not able to install KB5013942 (19044.1706) from within the Windows 10 update app, you can install it manually.

Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog site, then type in KB5013942, then click "Search", then select and download and save the update, then close all open windows, then install the update.

-------------------------------------------------
I have tried that method you gave me. But while it is installing for five minutes, I then get this.

Blue Rectangle Font Software Screenshot

#7 ·
I advise clearing out the Windows updates folder. In order to do that, please do the following:

1. Left-click on the Windows Start button and then type the letters cmd.
  2. This will bring up an option for the Command Prompt. Click on Run as Administrator.
  3. Within the command prompt, type in net stop bits and then hit the Enter key.
  4. If it tells you it's not running, don't worry.
  5. Next, within the same command prompt window, type net stop wuauserv and then hit the Enter key.
  6. Do not close the command prompt window; you'll need it again.
  7. Left-click on the Windows Start button and type File. Left-click on the File Explorer icon to open it.
  8. Click on your operating system drive (it should be C), and then left-click on the Windows folder.
  9. Find the folder called SoftwareDistribution. Right-click on it and choose Rename.
  10. Rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old
  11. Go back to the command prompt window, type in net start wuauserv, and then hit the Enter key.
  12. Within the same window, type net start bits and then hit the Enter key.
  13. You can now close the command prompt window.
  14. If you look back at File Explorer, you should now see a newly-created folder called SoftwareDistribution.
  15. You can go ahead and delete the folder you renamed to SoftwareDistribution.old
  16. Re-check your Windows Updates

#9 ·
I advise clearing out the Windows updates folder. In order to do that, please do the following:

1. Left-click on the Windows Start button and then type the letters cmd.
  2. This will bring up an option for the Command Prompt. Click on Run as Administrator.
  3. Within the command prompt, type in net stop bits and then hit the Enter key.
  4. If it tells you it's not running, don't worry.
  5. Next, within the same command prompt window, type net stop wuauserv and then hit the Enter key.
  6. Do not close the command prompt window; you'll need it again.
  7. Left-click on the Windows Start button and type File. Left-click on the File Explorer icon to open it.
  8. Click on your operating system drive (it should be C), and then left-click on the Windows folder.
  9. Find the folder called SoftwareDistribution. Right-click on it and choose Rename.
  10. Rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old
  11. Go back to the command prompt window, type in net start wuauserv, and then hit the Enter key.
  12. Within the same window, type net start bits and then hit the Enter key.
  13. You can now close the command prompt window.
  14. If you look back at File Explorer, you should now see a newly-created folder called SoftwareDistribution.
  15. You can go ahead and delete the folder you renamed to SoftwareDistribution.old
  16. Re-check your Windows Updates
On Windows Update, it says...
"Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)"

#10 ·
Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Magenta

Your PC has the April 2022 "patch Tuesday" update, which is 19044.1645
Your PC is lacking the May 2022 "patch Tuesday" update, which is 19044.1706
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, unless the same problem occurs during June 2022 "patch Tuesday".

--------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
View attachment 296648

Your PC has the April 2022 "patch Tuesday" update, which is 19044.1645
Your PC is lacking the May 2022 "patch Tuesday" update, which is 19044.1706
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, unless the same problem occurs during June 2022 "patch Tuesday".

So sorry for the late response.
Okay, that is not a problem. I will wait until that time comes and I can try it again.
Thank you very much. (y)

#13 ·
KB5014023 has been released to address various issues in Windows 10 Version 21H2 Build 19044 64-bit.

Does Windows Update in your PC show it as an optional update?

View attachment 297068

View attachment 297069

-------------------------------------------------
No, it didn't seem to show up as an optional update.
The new release called 2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5014699) failed to install, probably because there is an issue with this version.

#20 ·
One reason why I use Windows 10 Pro 64-bit instead of Windows 10 Home 64-bit is because it allows me to control how and when and which updates get installed.

I've been using Windows 10 since it was released in July 2015, and I can't remember the last time I had an issue with an update.

You can do a clean re-install of Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Build 19044 64-bit and get a fresh start, but I have doubts you want to do that.

#21 ·
One reason why I use Windows 10 Pro 64-bit instead of Windows 10 Home 64-bit is because it allows me to control how and when and which updates get installed.

I've been using Windows 10 since it was released in July 2015, and I can't remember the last time I had an issue with an update.

You can do a clean re-install of Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Build 19044 64-bit and get a fresh start, but I have doubts you want to do that.

Thank you very much for that. I think I might leave reinstalling Windows 10 for now.

#22 ·
The Version 22H2 Build 19045 feature update will be released soon.
There doesn't appear to be any information about it, so it's unknown what changes there will be over the current version/build.

If you do decide to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64-bit and get a fresh start, wait until after the new version/build is released.
Good luck.

------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.