1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error code : 0x8007007e

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by piranah, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. piranah

piranah Thread Starter

My friends computer has come up with the error "A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for the computer. Error code : 0x8007007e " at startup, and when [OK] is clicked it immediately logs back out.

I have been searching nonstop for a solution and found a similar problem posted here by Riempie, however, unlike Riempie i cannot do anything in safe mode, Explorer.exe will not start because it cant find Uxtheme.dll, and ctrl + alt + del only brings up an error that taskmgr.exe will not start because iphlpapi.dll cannot be found, all my friend could tell me is that the comp was taking too long to shut down so he held down the power button, i can only assume that it was installing an update at the time.

This is a completely legal copy of XP Home and has SP1 installed, i would prefer not to reformat, perhaps a repair would work, has anyone had any luck with this? i have programs installed that i no longer have the ability to reinstall..

i have looked through the MSKB and everything i find asks me to goto start>run>... but how can i if i cant open the explorer GUI..

any suggestions? please...

2. ca02

ca02

3. piranah

piranah Thread Starter

thanks ca02, ill try the restore and post back how it goes...

4. TAssistAI

TAssistAI

Hi,
    I am having the same problem you had and i was wondering if you were able to fix it and how?

Thanks..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/293798