1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error code 0x80070570 When installing win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kinglymatix, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kinglymatix

kinglymatix Thread Starter

I get the error code 0x80070570 Everytime I try and install Windows 7. I am trying to do a custom install so it cleans out the computer. I have windows Vista Home edition and I am trying to install either Windows 7 Home premium. I have the requirements it takes to put windows 7 on a computer. You can post on this thread to help me or if you need to email me for some reason it is [email protected]

2. MysticPixie

MysticPixie

most of the posts I've seen about this error during isntallation is that the unpacking of files goes bad.

There've been abou a bajillion identified causes...

Bad media, bad memory, bad cable, bad hard drive, bad optical drive, network hiccups (network installs only), BIOS settings for certain machines, and the list goes on and on.

Will need a lot more information.

System Specs. If a prebuilt machine then the Manufacturer and Model as well as any upgrades, repairs that have been done since purchase.

Windows 7 media and version (I.e. OEM, Retail, Upgrade, Full...Basic, Premium, Pro, Ultimate)

3. kinglymatix

kinglymatix Thread Starter

Toshiba Satellite intel(R)Core(TM)2 CPU 1.67 GHz, 2.00 gb Ram, 32 bit operating system, Windows vista Home premium. No Upgrades have been done. The Windows 7 Is a OEM Version and It is a Home premium one. It is on a burned DVD. If you need anymore information just ask

4. MysticPixie

MysticPixie

Given that you are using a burned disk your burn may be bad. unfortunately the best way to test that is to try it in another system....

One thing to try would be to find the md5checksum of the image file you used to burn the disk (assuming an iso or something similar) and compare that to known valid md5checksums to make sure the image itself is good.

Also hitting your RAM with Memtest or something similar (I believe there is an option for a memory diagnostic on the Win7 disk itself) would be a good idea.

You can try downloading the image again and burning a new disk, or comparing the md5checksum of the images to each other to see if they match. I believe TechNet has the valid md5s published somewhere but I can't remember off the top of my head.

5. MysticPixie

MysticPixie

Also probably wouldn't hurt to give MS a call. They dealt with this a lot during the beta and RC phases of Win7 when people were downloading the iso.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/931322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice