1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Code: 0x80090019

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thatguy420, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thatguy420

thatguy420 Thread Starter

I just recently was on my dell demension 2400 and after logging on and before opening any programs microsoft said it had some new upadates for maleware protection so I started the update. Minutes later I forgot that the update was still in progress and shutdown my computer during the middle of it by pressing and holding the power button. I then restarted my computer and clicked on my username and as windows was logging into my account the error message 0x80090019 appeared. It said " Windows is having a problem accuratley checking the license for the computer, error code 0x80090019. The computer runs in safe mode only. Your Help would be very apprectiated.

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

I believe that is a Windows Genuine Validation Error, that sucks,( can you get into safe mode with networking and go here to validate?
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

I had a power outage in the middle of an update and fortunately for me they took me to the WGA site then right back to where the update left off. Here's what I would try 1st though - go into safe mode and select "YES" to system restore and see if you can restore you PC to an earlier time before the update.

3. thatguy420

Hi thanks for your reply. I can get safe mode to work, but not safe mode with networking. As soon as I try that the error message shows and my desktop screen pops up with no icons and stays that way. I pressed f8 in the begining and tried to restore the system and restore to the last known working configuration, but it did not work. Is there a way once im logged into safemode to restore the system? I tried looking and could not figure it out.

4. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Go into safe mode again and select "YES" to system restore and see if you can restore your PC to an earlier time before the update. You gotta get into system restore (not last known good) Look further back, like the previous day, if this doesn't work we will have to get some more help for you. Good luck.

5. thatguy420

Yep I managed to find out how to restore it back and it worked. Thanks for the help.

6. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Your welcome, I think by default microsoft usually brings you back to the point of the update you were at right before the power outage (mine was a lightning strike nearby), I think yours was different as you powered down by pushing the button, I try not to do this ever. LOL

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!