1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error code 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by micromarty, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. micromarty

micromarty Thread Starter

I tried to install my FX5700 and when I loaded up my pc I got the error code 10: The device could not be started. I had a suggestion to " Assign IRQ to VGA" in the bios to fix this but I do not have this command in my bios. How can I fix this/get my card to work?

2. norton850

norton850

What did this video card replace?
    Did you uninstall the old card in windows and remove old drivers?
    What OS? What system?

3. micromarty

I replaced a radeon 9200 se with an nvidia 5700. I uninstalled all of the old ATI drivers and programs.
    I have windows xp running on an emachines T2895 with a 2.8 ghz and 1 gig of ram.

4. norton850

norton850

"Assign IRQ to VGA" This is something that should be enabled with your video card. I imagine that some newer BIOS don't give you the option to disable it, perhaps that's why you can't find it. Are you seeing the error code in Device Manager? You did install the drivers for the card?

5. micromarty

i see the error in device manager. I can't find a bios update anywhere! My driver for the card are installed.

6. norton850

norton850

Although sometimes Bios updates are needed to get things to work what I was saying was that you probably don't need to worry about the assign IRQ setting. Have you tried uninstalling the video card and rebooting.

7. micromarty

I have uninstalled and I still get the same result. This is making me real mad not getting this card to work.

8. micromarty

Now when I try to reinstall my drivers my computer crashes when it gets right to the end of the install

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice