Error code 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skigeezer

I have an old windows 98 system that I'm trying to add driver files for using a new jump drive with it. The jump drive came with an application file for both windows 98 and windows 2000/xp for loading the necessary driver files onto your computer. When I try to run the application file I get nothing but a popup window that says "error code 2, system cannot find the specified file". I have run the application file on a friends Win98 computer and it works just fine, so I know the application file is ok. Any suggestions would be helpful,
Thanks a lot.

Skigeezer(enjoying the plentiful Rocky Mountain snow this year)

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, If that system is win98 First Edition, it may not support USB and your jump drive.

Is it Second Edition? Anything in Device manager about USB? (Last items down the list)

If there are USB ports, and it has 98SE, then there is some other problem...If the driver file has a setup.exe in it's folder,run that, then try the driver install from Device Manager again, point it to the folder etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online