Error Code 80070002 on Windows Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

_MickC

Hi,

I have had my pc running on Vista for about 3 months. For the first couple of weeks it allowed me to do Windows Updates. Since then I have had a whole range of different errors and as I found a fix for each one it was replaced by another. I am now constantly getting the Error No. 80070002. I have tried everything I can find online to rectify the problem including those below which seem to have fixed other people's pcs. Any help greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Solution One
1)Stop the windows update service (from services)
2)Delete temporary update files - In Datastore and download
3)Restart the the windows update service

Solution two
Apply this file
after u apply this file reboot and try to do a update again it should work http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...-bdb8-c4e00af5b94b/NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online