1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error code 80130182 on my PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by ironoutlaw1880, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironoutlaw1880

ironoutlaw1880 Thread Starter

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm also getting the error code 80130182 on my PS3 Slim which was connected to my wireless network up to a few weeks ago and not cannot connect to the system even though it sees the network and can read a strength of 97%. Now I have a range of Mac and PC computers and laptops attached to my Apple Airport Extreme along with two iPhones and they all work fine. I also have a PS3 fat that works fine on the same wireless network so my question is, 'Is the PS3 Slim -broken- and if so is it best just to get it looked at as it's still under warranty (even though it's a pain to return top the shop) or is there a quick fix?'

I'm running MediaLink which works fine with the PS3 fat (which has the latest PS3 OS 3.55) and have turned off the Media Link option on the PS3 Slim to try and get a connection. I've also disconnected the power supply, re-entered the wireless WPA info (which it constantly tells me is wrong, even though it is right) and have now no idea what else to do. It briefly worked about a week ago as I managed to download the Pac-Man demo but now it's useless again.

Any thoughts?
  2. Couriant

Couriant James Trusted Advisor

Mar 26, 2002
    If you can, try to connect to your router with an ethernet cable and see if you get the same results.
  3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Oct 2, 2003
    i have move your post into a thread of its own, it gets confusing if you reply to a thread with your own question
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967470