1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error code BioHD-3

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MrsMarcos, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrsMarcos

MrsMarcos Thread Starter

I'm in desperate need of help! A couple of weeks ago on start up my PC turned to a black screen and said
    " DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER " I ran system diagnostics and all previous tests were a "pass" besides TESTING BOOT PATH. That is when it reported BioHD-3 and said no bootable drives detected. I replaced the hard drive and still am getting the same error. I called HP Support and since my computer is out of warranty they can't help me with without paying a fee to have them help me diagnose the problem over the phone. My computer is barely 2 yrs old and used mainly for my children to do their school work. It's up to date and maintained well. Since i am not able to pay their fees i am in need of assistance if anyone has a suggestion Please let me know. Thank You so much in Advance !

2. MrsMarcos

MrsMarcos Thread Starter

anyone out there know about this??? :confused:

3. howardeng

howardeng

not sure if it will work for you, but I had the same error after a windows update reboot. Power the system down. then power up again. you should see Press F10 for setup. press F10. (before it gets to the blank screen,) if you are not fast enough try again. When in set up, go the the last tab, and arrow down to "load defaults." Enter, and accept the responses to save..

I hope it works for you...

4. joeten

joeten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!