1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error code c000021a [FATAL SYSTEM ERROR]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manc1, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manc1

manc1 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    This morning I turned on my PC (Windows 7 x64) and I get this blue screen error STOP:c000021a [FATAL SYSTEM ERROR].
    I can't even get passed the starting windows screen it just keeps on rebooting then getting blue screen again. I've tried safe mode and last known configuration point. Both just give me blue screen after the drivers are loaded. Haven't installed anything new recently so I don't know what the cause of this problem could be. I apparently have no system restore points even though Norton would make them every scan. I can get to command prompt and that is the only thing I can get to. Is there a way I can fix this through command prompt. I think I've attached the screen it gives me and that's all I know.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Has your computer downloaded any Windows Updates recently? Can you boot into safe mode by clicking F8?

3. manc1

manc1 Thread Starter

It installs updates automatically so I assume that it has had some recent updates. I have tried the F8 safe mode method and it just gives me another blue screen as soon as the drivers have loaded up.

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Do you have any third party backup software? Doing some research this error seems to a windows update and third party backup software. I'm going to keep looking and we have some windows experts here that have forgotten more than I've ever known.

5. manc1

manc1 Thread Starter

hmm third party would that be like Norton? I do have two HDD's installed and my im pretty sure my Norton backs up things into my D: drive whereas most of my files are in the C: drive. But the thing is I don't know how to access the D drive in the state my computer is in.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice