Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error code from MSN messenger

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jaysto 
#1 ·
Using MSN messenger Version 14 I am getting an Error Message 0x8ac 70013 this does not allow me to contact friends either in vision or sound.I am able to type messages and receive and same from contacts. .
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
jaysto

#4 ·
Hi, It might be this issue, if you have McAfee Site Advisor and a webcam.... please note, that some laptops come with a built-in webcam, usually found in the upper edge of the LCD screen, so when the computer lid is open, the cam is pointing.....at YOU!!!!

I get people really anxious sometimes when I tell them this- be surprised how many don't know they have a camera.

http://www.blogsdna.com/2256/fix-we...700130x8ac70202-of-windows-live-messenger.htm

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=24596

#5 ·
Hello Bytman,
Thank you for your help.I can't help but think my problem has something to do with version 14 of Windows Messenger.
Just recently every one using Messenger were advised to upgrade their software to version 14. Up till then I had been using version 8.1 without any problems at all so, I suspect the problem is with the upgrade. Had i changed anything I.E. camera, antivirus programmes firewall ect I could suspect them but i have not.
Anyway many thanks for you help.
Jaysto

#6 ·
Yes, I read a lot of posts with the same problem and it might be solved in due time through an upate to the latest version is about all we can hope for.. if I see anything else will post it here.

#7 ·
Thank you Bytman,
Your reply is appreciated.
The strange thing is that on a recently purchased laptop we have the sameMessenger version installed I.E. Messenger version 14.00.This works perfectly the only difference is my desktop, where I am having the trouble has XP installed and the laptop Vista home premium. Maybe The answer lies there? has any one else mentioned this?

Thank you
jaysto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.