1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Code Help Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ladybug717, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ladybug717

Ladybug717 Thread Starter

Having problems with my Dell Studio 1735 with Vista. Ran a diagnostic and got error code OFOO:137B with the message "BDR_1-Drive media is missing or blank." It has an internal CD/DVD player/burner, which works fine.

Any idea what this is, or how to fix?
    Thanks a million!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What kind of diagnostic?

That doesn't look to be a real error. It may be the result of the program trying to test the media in the drive or the drive's speed, and the drive is empty.

3. Ladybug717

Ladybug717 Thread Starter

I ran the Pre-Boot System Assessment, per my Dell Quickstart Guide. The first error code resulting from this test was 2000-0123 and the troubleshooting recommended that I remove the battery and replace it and re-run the diagnostic. After I did that, I got the above error message again, in addition to the OFOO:137B code.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you try the test with media in the drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice