Error code listed in hardware properties

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have aquired a HP Laptop that the Ethernet appears to be defective. It shows up as This Device Cannot Start (Code 10). I did a complete reinstall because it was using Windows 7 (was purchased by the owner) and I figured it was a driver issue. The original (and now current) OS is Windows Vista and the same thing shows.

I was looking in the properties of the Ethernet card for the vendor ID to make sure I got the correct driver (website has different make drivers) and saw there was a listing that says Problem Code with a value of 000000A -- I was wondering if this is the same like a STOP code or if there is a website with these codes? I have a screenshot of an example.

I'm pretty sure the Ethernet card is toast, I just wanted to make sure.

Attachments

valis

pretty sure that the problem code 00000016 represents some driver issue, but that's going of a total of three instances, so consider that......

starting to agree that the card is cooked, however.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
well that one was an example just in case if anyone didn't know what I was talking about :) ... i didn't install a remote program on the laptop to grab the correct one. For this one the problem code should be listed as Device is Disabled, which is correct... I did that on purpose :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online