1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error code RunDLL

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by anenska, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anenska

anenska Thread Starter

Hi

Recently every time i open up my laptop Ive been getting an error message that reads exactly this:

"RunDLL
    There was a problem starting

The specified module could not be found."

I've looked through the forum and I noticed other people with a similar problem, but i think the difference is that for them they've been told what program is having a problem to start up, but mine just says that there is a problem starting...

my Laptop specifications are:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4043 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1797 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294265 MB, Free - 210844 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
    Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

So since this error has started to appear, my laptops been a bit slow and whatever I'm using seems to freeze and need to be restarted.
    I'm not sure what i've deleted or done to get this error code!!

Also, i've only got a really basic level of understanding with all this stuff, so i hope its not too much of a problem to fix!

Thanks,

Pooja

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065566