1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error codes and crashing constantly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by subarashisa, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. subarashisa

subarashisa Thread Starter

I can't tell if this is a hardware problem or network problem or..what..

Anyways, let me first start off saying, I purchased some new ram for my computer earlier this month, installed it fine, used it for a couple weeks before I started bsoding a lot.. eventually it was so bad and I wasn't sure what to do.. I ended up reformatting with the ram still in, (did this yesterday). I removed the ram today after my computer started crashing.. The new ram was 2gigs, a pair 1g each.. my old ram, that I have now put back in the computer is 1gig ..bleh

I checked my event viewer and saw this:
    Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0013D305AA90. The following error occurred:
    The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Followed Immediately by this:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x867d9bb0, 0x86d22a88, 0x86e7e2c0, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011813-01.dmp.
    (This error has appeared alot in my event viewer to..followed by other errors such as :The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
    Access is denied. )

Both of these happened at practically the exact same time, and the time of.. my most recent crash. I was just watching a video online and chatting on msn. Not much...

Please help..currently this is my only computer and I haven't the cash to buy a new one atm, this ones lasted me a long while since I don't do heavy gaming anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

There seem to be nothing in that rar please try again.

First copy the mini-dump files to somewhere else on the PC before putting in a rar or zip folder

3. subarashisa

Oh, sorry. Just re-attached it, hopefully will be there now.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

That bugcheck is saying there is a fault in your video card or drivers.

5. subarashisa

A fault in my video card or driver? So does that mean I should just try and re-install the drivers? After dealing with that bad ram I am scared it might of done something horrible to my system.

6. subarashisa

I spoke to soon.. my computer just crashed again with this warning again :
    Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0013D305AA90. The following error occurred:
    The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf345822, 0xaad59b2c, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011913-01.dmp.

Attached the new minidump file.. gaaah.. this is frustrating ;-;

Attached Files:

7. DaveBurnett

That also is most likely a problem with your video card or it's drivers.

8. subarashisa

Well how might I go about fixing it?

9. DaveBurnett

Remove and refit the video card and download and install the latest drivers for it and your version of Windows.

10. subarashisa

Okay, well, I re-installed the drivers for my vid card and have all the windows updates I'm pretty sure. You don't meant to reformat again do you? X_X When you say "and your version of windows". I'm assuming you just mean windows update but.. just wanna make sure.

11. DaveBurnett

I meant the graphics card drivers for your version of Windows.

I also suggest you check that when you added the memory you didn't disturb any of the cards in there. Make sure they are all seated properly. It would be a good idea to actually remove and re-insert any cards just to help clean the contacts.

12. subarashisa

Okay, thanks, I did all that earlier today after reading your message.. guess I will have to wait and see if it works any better..
    My computer has been letting me stay on for a long time before it crashed.. Earlier today, before I did your suggestion exactly, I was watching a show again on my comp when the picture just..froze, but I could still hear the audio, then after like 30 seconds, boom, crash.. But yeah, hopefully re-seating and reinstalling the driver again will help... I hope ;_;

By the way.. could you tell me why this appears so often in my event viewer?

I still don't understand that.. Often when I crash that thing appears right with the error message in the event viewer, and sometimes when I boot up. I don't have any problem being on the internet though.

13. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
    when windows finishes rebooting
    disable a/virus
    install your drivers
    reboot the computer

14. subarashisa

My computer is an emachines t4610
    Graphic card- Radeon x1300/x1550 series
    MB- AMD Athlon 64, 220mhz 3200+
    Ram- 1gig ddr sdram, maximum is 2gigs
    power supply- atx 300-12e
    Also, running Windows XP SP3
    (I realize its an oldish computer, but I can't afford a new one at the moment.)

I don't really understand how/where to check bios for voltages and temps though..

15. dai

dai

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice