1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error creating obj document in Word 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bucks4ever13, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucks4ever13

bucks4ever13 Thread Starter

I work at a small accounting firm and earlier this year we purchased some new laptops which run 64 bit Windows 7. Since then, we have started to upgrade Office on our computers. On one of the Windows 7 computers, I installed Office 2010 last week. We also use CCH's program ProSystem fx Engagement. Now, when opening Word inside of Engagement (not sure if this happens outside of Engagement because the user can't recall it happening) an error occasionally comes up which says "error creating obj document." The user hits okay, which is the only option, and then receives a second error that says "obj document is nothing." She then again selects okay and moves on. It doesn't seem to cause any issues with functionality so I'm not rushing to fix it but we want to get rid of the errors and hopefully have an idea of how to correct it in the future.

Please keep in mind I'm a CPA helping with computer issues. Since we are relatively small, we don't actually have our own IT department or person. We have to go outside. I do pretty well keeping my home computer up and running if I can research the issue and find a solution. I've looked for a while and can't find a solution in a dumbed down language that seems to fit the issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice