1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error Downloading Documents

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pranav53465, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pranav53465

pranav53465 Thread Starter

Hello guys,
    I'm a student in High school and I've been experiencing problems on my laptop lately. In our school, we use this website called "Moodle" where all the teacher's post documents and instructions and stuff. For the last month or so, I have been unable to download any Document, Presentation, Excel etc, form "Moodle". I've tried other browsers and it doesn't download. I've even tried to deactivate my Anti-Virus before downloading, but no result. It always shows the error "Error: The requested file cannot be found" However, when I try to download the same documents on other devices, it works perfectly. Emailed documents work perfectly as well, and it is just that one site. Please help me as this is really important for me to study. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'm running Windows 8.1

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

3. pranav53465

pranav53465 Thread Starter

Thanks Terry,
    I believe I only have McAfee firewall, which I had disabled and tried as well, but to no result

4. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

First Name:
    Rosie
  5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I would uninstall McAfee (because it may have become corrupted) and run the McAfee Removal Tool. You can reinstall McAfee after testing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice