1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error dynamic link library psapi.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dollfun1, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dollfun1

dollfun1 Thread Starter

everytime i log on or **** down my pc I get this mesage. Procedure entry point get process image file name W could not be located in dynamic link library PSAI.DLL

and also Runner file Name(kodak software adapter.exe) lacksa'_' (the app id seperator)
    does anyone know how to get rid of these error messages.:eek:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Use Windows Search to see if you have multiple copies of psapi.dll on your computer. There should be one in C:\Windows\system32, and possibly in service pack install and uninstall folders.

Other copies may cause a problem, depending on where and what versions. Let us know what you find.

3. dollfun1

dollfun1 Thread Starter

I'm sorry I don't know how to check if I have multiple copies of psapi.dll on my pc, can you help me.

4. Frank4d

Click Start, Search, For Files or Folders. Then All files and folders. And type psapi.dll in the "All or part of the file name" box. In the "Look in" box select just the C drive. Then click Seach.

5. dollfun1

dollfun1 Thread Starter

I found 1 dhcpsapi.dll system 32
    files/verizon/support center
    " center/de/jsharp/bin
    " center.de/classic/bin
    " smartbridge
    files/motive/asscommon
    lexmark applications/page manager
    system 32
    service pack/files/j386

now which ones should I uninstall and how?

6. Frank4d

My guess is that Motive Smartbridge is causing Windows to use the psapi.dll in your Smartbridge & Motive folders instead of the one in the system32 folder.

Try this: In both the smartbridge and files/motive/asscommon folders, rename the psapi.dll files to something like psapi.old. This will force Windows to use the file in the System32 folder. You can reverse this if it isn't the right solution.

7. dollfun1

dollfun1 Thread Starter

This fixed it thank you very much

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!